For all my guest I have some presents: 20 % discount for everyone, who book photo walk earlier than 2 weeks, and Ukrainian eco sweet for every guest. Link for Airbnb experience from me – Discoveries with creative photographer
Travelling Ukraine, You should find even a day to stay in Kiev.
Take into account that you better stay there for longer, because Kiev is the capital of Ukraine, cultural, historical and one of the biggest cities in Ukraine and here you can find many events or places due to your interests. Kiev is must visit city of Ukraine.
Coming to Kiev, you better book your apartments for a stay in the regions, which are located closely to the subway station. Nowadays, Subway stations are easier to use from day to day, you can take paypass credit card and use it for paying the transfer in subway or pay on the cash desk 8 hryvnas and pass the gate way with a coin or a QR code (it depends what you are given).
Speaking about Hotel, apartments or a hostel for a stay in Kiev, I should admit that for budget and not always budget, but more comfort and hommy places – choose Airbnb service. It works now and most of my guests use it for stay in Kiev.
Nice Luxury alternative for stay in Kiev are a group of World famous Hotels such as Radisson Blu, InterContinental Kyiv, Holidays Inn, Riviera House, 11 Mirrors Design Hotel, Khreschatyk City Center Hotel, Premier Palace Hotel, Hilton, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv,
Or Just choose the part of Kiev closely located to Independence Square, Golden Gates, Lvivska Square, Podil. These are the regions you can walk and discover the most famous sights for one day.
Due to the warm weather, the best time to visit Kiev is, the end of April, May, whole summer, September and sometimes, October. The tourists are visiting Kiev the whole year be it Summer or winter. The main streets of Kiev are always overcrowded on weekends and during rush hours. You will meet fewer people in the city in summer, because most locals move to the sea for a leave, but many tourists come to visit Ukraine instead.
Early spring, Late autumn and in winter it is more wet weather than dry weather, but winter 2019-2020 shown the different. The weather was abnormally warm and without snow.
One DAY TOUR SCHEDULE IN KYIV. The places you must visit in Kiev
Coming for a day to Kyiv, better to focus on the central part of Kyiv. In order to see and get more profit from the walkings better to start with:
- Breakfast in the center of the city.
As my travel experience approve, better to start quick breakfast in the hotel and start the adventure. But if you stay with Airbnb you may choose some cafe to have a breakfast.
In many different cafes there are breakfast hours and if you stay in the very center of the city you can find them easily. Here is the list:
- MOCCO – 15/4, Khreschatyk Street, breakfast hours 7.300-13.00
- Chornomorka – family restaurants located in different parts of central Kyiv: 1. 5/2, Yaroslavska Street, 2. 15/3, Gonchara Street, 3. 49А, Velyka Vasylkivska Street.
- City-Zen café & bar – 20, Velyka Zhytomyrska Street – start breakfast at 7.45.
- Très Français – 3, Kostjolna Street. They serve breakfast from 9.00 till 12.00.
2. Order Photo walk “Discoveries with creative photographer” – You will walk along famous and hidden places of the old part of Kiev and discover it as a local see it. You will get much information about the historical places of the city, you will get cool professional photos and more information on how to organize the following part of the day and to see more due to your desires if you stay for longer than one day.
3. Have a walk. You can spend an hour or two in the underground mall “globus”. Don’t stay for a long time there in order to see more in Kiev for this day. There are many shops with garment and some world famous cafes to have coffee and snacks, such as McDonalds. I would recommend to have coffee and sweets with cinnamon in the cafe called “Cinnabons”. By the way, by now there are only two of them in Kiev.
4. After that it is nice to have a walk to the House with Chimaeras or Horodecki House (Ukrainian: Будинок з химерами, Budynok z khymeramy) is an Art Nouveau building located in the historic Lypky neighborhood of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. Situated across the street from the President of Ukraine‘s office at No. 10, Bankova Street, the building has been used as a presidential residence for official and diplomatic ceremonies since 2005. It is worth being observed outdoors and indoors. At the same time you will visit two famous places. And right there you can have dinner in the “bistro 14” with the traditional interior of 19-th century.
5. Go further to the Mariinsky park, have a bird eye look from the hill to the left bank of the city. The park is around 130 years old. It received its name from the nearby Mariyinsky Palace. Mariinsky Park was founded in 1874 near the central entrance of the Palace and the money for its foundation was budgeted by the wife of Alexander II of Russia Maria Alexandrovna (Marie of Hesse).
6. Follow to the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra – is a type of monastery consisting of a cluster of cells or caves for hermits, with a church and sometimes a refectory at the center. It is erected within the Orthodox and other Eastern Christian traditions. Go up the Bell tower and visit the territory. This is the minimal program to do, look up Google maps in order to understand how big the territory is not to go further and be lost because, going down the hill you will go far away to Naberezhne Hwy and it will take much time and energy to go back to the top of the hill.
7. After that, going along Lavrska street you will get to the Motherland Monument. Have a walk inside the park “Spivoche pole” if there is the flower exhibition and visit the museum of the Second World War. This museum is located at the bottom of the Motherland Monument.
8. Right near the Motherland Monument there is the traditional Ukrainian restaurant “Tsars’ke Selo”. You will have a nice meal there. The prices here are higher than average. The interior and meals deserve it even more if you come to Kiev only for one day. Or think about the “Grill do Brasil” there you can order unlimited meat. They celebrate all Brasilian traditions and professional cooks prepare meat up to Brasilian recipes. This can be the finish point of the tour. And it is located about 5 km from the Motherland Monument.
But if you like to have more night life you can pay attention to “Coyot ugly”, Curribian Club.
To reach the place you stay for a night, better take the taxi using Apps. You can use Apps such as Bolt, Uber or Uklon or take the taxi available right from the restaurant. But its price will be higher.
To see the beauty of the city and its variety of architecture you need to follow the route and don’t stay for a long time in one place.
Have a nice time in Kiev and You are welcome to my “Discovery creative photo tours”.